This popular design also known as the Raised Helved Gate, with it's extended curve hanging stile and long diagonal support brace, it makes an attractive entrance as a single gate, or can be paired with a smaller Yeoman. This traditional design incorporates mortice and tenon joints, 'water' joints at each end of the top rail and bolts at all crossings (stainless steel bolts used). The Yeoman gates are framed, ledged and braced, also bolted for extra strength.
The hanging stile is wider than the catch stile with the top rail tapering to reduce weight on the gate to help enhance longer life-span.
Supplied in treated green Tanalith'e' softwood or untreated Iroko hardwood. Iroko is a top quality hardwood, yellowish / brown in colour and similar to teak in its texture and properties. This wood makes a superb entrance gate.
While very durable, we recommend you use Sikkens or Sadolin to preserve the timber. Sikkens HLS for the base coat followed by Sikkens Filter 7 for the additional top coats.
Please note that different width Yeoman gates provide different heights to the hanging stiles. Some narrow sized Yeoman gates will have a normal brace instead of a brace reaching the curve top stile (Hooked Arm). The catch ends still remain at 1200mm high (to top of horn).
Some pictures show hardwood (Iroko) and heavy bottom rail for illustration purposes.
Current Delivery Times (Updated on 21st Dec 2021)
- Closeboard / Feather Edge Gates: 5 to 10 days.
- Tongue and Groove Gates or Doors (or joinery grade products) : 3-4 weeks
- Field / Farm Gates: 4-6 weeks
- All Hardwood Gates and Doors: 3-4 weeks.
Please note: These delivery times are for products where the timber is currently in stock. These are estimates and we will work with you to provide a delivery time that is suitable for you. For a more definitive delivery date, please contact us. Collection can sometimes hugely speed up the process if required urgently.
- Prices are adjusted accordingly at checkout
- Posts are collection only (unless very local, please contact us prior)
- Delivery on just 'ironmongery only orders' is £14.99 + v.a.t.
- Collection is available on all our products, but can only be arranged once we have confirmed that your order is ready.
Frequently Asked Delivery Questions
- Availability: 4-5 Weeks
- Product Sku: YEOMAN-FIELD
- Ideal for farm, field, forestry and domestic.
- Morticed & Tenoned Framed (Dowelled) with drip joints.
- The hanging stile is wider than the catch stile with the top rail tapering to reduce weight on the gate enhancing the life-span.
- Supplied in treated green Tanalithe softwood or Untreated Iroko Hardwood.
- Smooth Finish.
Select next size up,
Then add 'Bespoke' size below